Introduction of the club
The mission of the Focal – The Photography Club of GCCBA-50, Chandigarh is to provide an encouraging platform to the students who are interested in photography to exhibit their vision, knowledge and passion for photography. The club aims at holding regular seminars and conferences and organize events such as; talks and workshops by renowned photographers, photo-walks, inter and intra college competitions on various themes. The Members will also be given an opportunity to initiate photography in collaboration with the various Societies of the college, organize peer to peer portfolio appraisals and explore the prospects of exhibitions in and off campus.
Aims and objectives
- Conduct and participate in various inter and intra college competitions.
- Coverage of various events organized by various societies within the college.
- Generate a repository of exclusive pictures shot by the members for Educational & Research purpose.
- Organize outdoor activities like photo-walks so students can learn and utilise the skills or tips given by experts.
- The club will help in the multimedia endorsement of the Cultural and IT Fest of the college.
- Photographs of the majority of the events in the college will be captured and shared by the club.
- Make maximum members participate in photography contests conducted by other colleges.
- Apprise the members about the photography related newsletters, magazines and upcoming contests.
- Photography Competition to celebrate World Photography Week, Orientation of Students about the club with Photography Logo and Tagline Competition
- One Day Workshop on Photography Skills, Monthly Theme based Photography contest
- Photo walk at Sukhna Lake, Monthly Theme based Photography contest
- Inter-College Photography Competition
- Inter-Department Monthly Theme based Photography contest
- Expert Lecture on Photography Skills, Monthly Theme based Photography contest
- Exhibition of Best Photos of the year, Monthly Theme based Photography contest
- Monthly Theme based Photography contest
Dr. Subina Syal (Convenor)
Ms. Sandeep (Member)
Core Team Members
|Har Ghar Tiranga
|15th August 2022
|To celebrate the occasion of the 75th Amrit Mahotsav: 75th Independence Day a photography competition was organised in which 28 students participated.
|World Photography Week 2022
|19th – 26th August 2022
|To celebrate the world photography week, a photograhy competition was organised on the “Theme: Pandemic through the Lens” in which 10 students participated.
|11th to 13th September 2022
|The club initiated the enrolment process for the Session in which 33 students got enrolled.
|Orientation Programme and Unveiling Logo
|19th September 2022
|The club organised an orientation programme for the students to give them awareness about the activities, which will be held by the club and insight the students about the vision and mission of the club. About 91 students attended the programme.
|Photography Contest for Youth Festival Participation
|30th September 2022
|Auditions were held for the participation in the Youth Festival 2022 on the theme – “Emotions”. About 12 students participated and among them Daanish Katyal of class BBA II was selected.